Thursday, November 03, 2005

I'm a Slow Starter...


NaNoWriMo is up and running. I'm off to a slow start--only about 1,000 words. Just 24,000 more to go to meet my personal goal. Everybody else from my regional forum is about at 5,000 words, so I'm lagging behind. No excuses just yet, but the past two days have been busy with work...

So far, it's been hard to shift my writing over from academic voice to creative, fiction voice. I think I've got good ideas and will be sure to post something soon.

In other news, yesterday I drove waaaaayyy over to the other side of town to check out Atomic Cafe from the public library (I waited too long to have it send to my library). It's a different scene over there on the Westside. Could be my imagination, but it seems cleaner. Maybe it's just newer? The westside is definitely is more mountain-y, which I like. The drive was a nice departure from being chained to my desk and laptop everyday. My problem with focusing on Monday evolved into all out feeling that This Semester Must End!!! Soon!! I was on the verge both Tuesday and Wednesday of canceling my classes. I remember daydreaming as a student that the professors would burst into class and announce that it was canceled. Sometimes I totally want to fulfill that daydream now that I'm the instructor, but there are syllabi to follow, lectures to slog through, and the fact that I would get in trouble with the dean's office. Damn. G. had a hard week, too, poor dear, he took a midterm yesterday that just about left him speechless and his brilliant brain a puddle of goo. We have to do something fun this weekend, at least for a couple of hours, to offset this immense weight on our shoulders. Hopefully brownies can be part of the solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home