Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Adventures in Dogwalking


Don't be fooled by that innocent look. It's turned into a nightmare to walk Filo.

The landscape guys at my apartment complex put down manure/soil/fertilizer mix all over the grassy areas of the ENTIRE complex. Wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't have a dog who LOVES to roll around in dirt, bird carcass, runny bird poo, and mud. She sniffs this stuff out on our walks and if we happen to be, oh I don't know, enjoying the cool breeze on our faces or admiring the changing leaves of a tree, she'll plop herself onto the ickyness and roll. G. and I have to be very vigilant on walks--aside from these dangers, we have to watch out for Splenda and a group of cats that mock Filo whenever she passes. I know, I know, she's a dog, they like to get dirty. But she manages to transfer all that gunk to our sofa and bed unless I give her a bath, which is no easy task because she fights it and I'm lazy.

Speaking of lazy, I have successfully stretched out morning wake-up time to 9 am--and beyond. I don't have class until the afternoon, but I do have lecture revisions, grading, and planning that should be accomplished during the day. And I've always been told that an early start is the best way to start the day. Unfortunately, I go to bed late. My entire life I have fought against "night person" behavior, yet bedtime is still midnight. All I have to do to be healthier and happier is exercise and go to bed early (and wake up early). Simple as that. So does choosing not to do those two things make me stubborn--or stupid?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home