Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Get 'er done

There is a large, loud, obnoxious pick up truck (of course) driving around my neighborhood with a bumpersticker that says "Get 'er done." Thanks to Google, I found a wide range of meanings of this phrase, from the crude (fuck her) to the encouraging (do it! and with confidence!). Its origins are in redneck, hick-speak, but increasingly is heard througout the US.

See http://trogdor.blogs.com/codemonkey/2004/03/atom_rss_get_er.html for more information (you know you want to).

Get 'er done is not in my new cool thesaurus. Not surprising, really.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Some redneck comedian named "Larry the Cable Guy" came up with it... Sadly, he's very popular where I live and I get to hear it at least once per day.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I don't know what to think about this one. It's kind of funny, but then makes me think of Bush (which I try hard to avoid as much as possible). I'm hoping it's just a temporary phrase that will someday earn a five second spot in future VH1 "I Love the 00's"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home