Sunday, September 25, 2005

I heart El Chuco

I'm starting a new feature on Ness and Filomena that will focus on reasons to Y El Paso.

Today, I'm feeling all warm and mushy about the Sun City because I just finished eating gorditas and a picadillo burrito from my neighborhood Mexican restaurant that truly were delicious! There are similar restaurants all around the city where you can indulge your random cravings for primo salsas, creamy frijoles, spicy menudo, warm just-out-of-the-oven espongas and francesitos, oh-boy much much more. Everybody has their favorite spots and panaderias and best yet, you can buy it on the cheap.

When we lived in Albuquerque, G. and I would long for just the right kind of frijoles. Sure we developed a palate for the green chile delights served up by New Mexican restaurants, especially those one-of-a-kind breakfast burritos. But nothing beats the Borderland's Mexican dishes that are served up any time, any day.

1 Comments:

At 2:30 PM , Blogger Joel said...

ugh... spicey menudo, now you made me hungry.!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home