Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ness and Filomena have a Sick Day

Filo had these little, wriggly nails (the dewclaws if you want to be technical) on her back paws that she would always chew on. They weren't completely attached to her paw, so she would really pull on them. Quite disgusting. The dog groomers offered to pull them out last week and I thought, sure, that'll solve it quick and easy. Well, one paw healed very nicely, no trouble at all, but she kept licking the other one (that paw is her very favorite to chew on). Out of concern for possible infection, I took her to the vet yesterday. She gave Filo a shot and some pills, and wrapped up her little paw with a neon pink bandage. Nothing is more sad than a little pup with a bandaged paw. Injured or endangered animals kill me--I just can't deal with it. I can't even watch those animal 911 shows on Animal Planet and definitely made sure to stay away from post-hurricane scenes of lost/left behind animals on CNN.

I'm taking a sick day (although as a part-time instructor, I don't really have sick days. I think I can officially cancel a class one time per semester.) The first symptons were sneezing and a runny nose yesterday. I medicated with a antihistimine to get through my evening class, which wasn't a good idea because antihistimines make me loopy (medicine head if you want to be technical). Sure enough, I kept missing my place in the lecture and had to keep stopping to drink water. Not the most effective lecture. The left side of my head feels like there is a huge pillow pushing down on it--my ear and teeth ache, eye itchy, nose stuffed and raw. The right side is fine (it's the right side that's able to write) I'm so thirsty and tired--also a smidge guilty for canceling class. G. says they don't pay me enough to feel guilty for canceling class, and if anything, I should do it more often. Ah, always the voice of reason, that man of mine.

Ness and Filomena are going back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home