Monday, October 10, 2005

10 minutes and counting...

In an attempt to reach productivity levels not seen since grad school, I'm timing myself on a loud kitchen timer. 45 minutes straight concentration on task, 15 minutes to get water, pee, play with Filo, and space out before starting the timer again. So far, pretty effective method of actually accomplishing my work. I even did work this past weekend for extended periods of time. Wow.

Recently took stock of our drinking glasses. We are down to two large glasses. We started out with six about six months ago. This isn't the first time we managed to break every single glass in our cupboard. The last incident was a total freak accident where a small wall plaque of the Virgen fell from the top of the bulletin board above my desk and crashed directly into a full glass of water I had just set down. I could read it as a spiritual sign of some sort, or just as more evidence of our bad luck with real glasses. Come to think of it, I am the only one who breaks the glasses, so it's more like evidence of my increasing clumsiness. I could buy plastic cups, but that's just wrong. Shouldn't two 27 year old able-bodied adults be able to keep a set of glasses longer than a year? Shouldn't they???

It's October 10, which means in four days it will be October 14, which means in exactly one month I'll be 27. Trying-not-to-yet-already-dealing with the age thing. More to come...at least now you have time to plan my birthday gift.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger under the red sky said...

27 isn't that bad..I would start worrying when you turn 30! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home