Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Longest Day Ever


Today seemed like the Longest Day Ever--all due to the end of daylight savings. I don't mind so so much. I did manage to cross off a lot on my To-Do List. And take a two hour nap.

My parents came by today for a quick visit. But they weren't visiting me or G. It was all about Filomena. This is her "You talkin' to me?" face. Gotta love a dog that can give you such attitude.

Only one more day before NaNoWriMo starts. I wrote out a very basic outline and some character development, um, but that's it. I think I should set a personal goal for the word count--25,000 words, which comes out to about 85 pages (I think). That's do-able. My master's thesis (which is the longest document I've written) was fifty pages, so it might be a stretch.

G. is really excited for me; it's good encouragement. He keeps saying he wants to tell people he meets that his girlfriend is writing a novel ("My girlfriend teaches history and is currently working on her first novel..."). Problem is, he doesn't meet new people. Ah well, it's a nice gesture.

My birthday-present-to-myself is on its way. It's expensive, yet functional. Let's keep our collective fingers crossed that they fit.

1 Comments:

At 2:32 PM , Blogger Joel said...

good luck with the novel... you'll have to post updates and let everyone know how it's coming

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home