Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Superbowl socializing is for chumps

So the Superbowl...I watched it (at least part of it). I succumbed to the media hype and tuned in, even though football ranks low on my Sports-I'll-Watch-List. While we rated the commercials, G. and I came to a realization about the Superbowl and (oddly enough) New Year's. On the eve of both events, I feel a certain amount of pressure to socialize. And the social activity must be enormously fun and memorable. Sounds crazy, huh? We did not participate in any social activity this year, mainly because we don't know many people here (and those we do know do not like football). G. was actually reading for the week, so he wasn't really "into" the big game. My sister and her husband were doing home-stuff. I even tried to hang out with my parents to watch the game, but they had other plans!

In other news, I'm trying to popularize the phrase "------- is for chumps." Example: "Putting raisens in your oatmeal is for chumps" "Double dipping a chip is for chumps." A Superbowl social activity would have been perfect for spreading the word on my new phrase, but, well you know how that turned out. Come to think of it, G. and I don't have much luck popularizing our own trends. Let's see, there was Huey Lewis and the News and hmmm, I can't remember the others, so they definitely didn't have staying power. But this one is going to be a hit! Would it be appropriate for lecture, as in "Paying higher British taxes was for chumps" or "Text messageing in class is for chumps." Maybe using it in class would help spread the phrase among the young people...I think I'm on to something...

Feel free, blogging world, to incorporate the phrase into your everyday conversations. Think of the possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home