Saturday, January 14, 2006

I haven't blogged or even checked my email since returning from our New Mexico adventure. I think my inactivity is a result of avoiding my desk the entire week. Why avoid the desk, you ask? Simple, it's my last week of vacation and I had work waiting for me. This week, I had three meetings to attend on campus, mostly related to a student's grade appeal and I was supposed to work on lectures and review the textbook. Managed to put just a minimal amount of work into all of those activities--so much for one of my New Year's resolution. I'm already feeling the consequences of my procrastination--my syllabus may not be ready for Tuesday's morning class. I'm hoping this is not a sign of what's to come this spring.

So I can't really account for my activities this week. Simply said, such mental blanks are not good. Mental blanks signal that it's time to return to a daily schedule. Daily schedules that accomodate the System, finding a phd program, foster a writing schedule, and start studying for the GRE. Maybe a daily schedule will help me fight the urge to watch way too much tv. Maybe.

Sigh, I'm back, I'm plugged in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home