Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Friends-4-Eva


One aspect of the holidays that I absolutely LOVE is when my two best friends make the trip to El Paso. We went to middle and high school together and stayed friends though attending different colleges, living in different cities, and growing into our adult selves. I think a lot about this stage of my life and trying to reconcile me-now with me-then; it's self-indulgent, it's cliche, it's frustrating, I know. Talking things over with A. and S. help make that undertaking ok in the way that only old, true friends of whatever age can.

On this trip, we braved the post-Christmas melee at the mall (even though there was a high danger for cringe-level encounters with former Burges High alums) and went out for drinks last night (we ended up at a very-El Paso type bar; not complaining, it was so appropriate). It was such a relief to be around two wonderful people who really know you--but it's not like we're the same person times 3. Maybe that's why our friendship works so well.

G. and I had such a beautiful Christmas with our families and spending time with A. and S. really sweetens the season. I am very lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home