Sunday, November 27, 2005

Late Night Coca-Cola

G. and I decided that today was a dumb day--dumb in the sense that we both puttered about the apartment doing three things at once, but not really doing anything at all. I woke up late from the kind of sleep where your muscles feel sore and you have marks on your face from pillow wrinkles. Filo woke me up as she usually does if I'm still asleep late in the morning. She snuffles about my face and licks my earlobes--maybe cute when conscious, not so cute when asleep. So the day got off to a slow start. I had to force myself to work on my lectures for the very last week of classes and G. had to force himself to work on a book review. We're both sooo close to the end of our semesters. We already have a list of movies to watch, plus a Lost Season 1 marathon. Getting a little ahead of ourselves? Sadly, yes, considering the first marathon I'll experience is in grading. Boo.

This weekend was damn busy. Thanksgiving turned out just fine. I experienced a fleeting gee-I-love-my-family moment somewhere between my second helping of pie (sweet potato yummy!) and the end of Star Wars: Episode III. I consider that as close to a magical holiday moment as to be expected. I also decorated our first Christmas tree with multicolored lights and random ornaments from my childhood. I'm still debating if I should put lights outside, or would that be overkill? I've never decorated my place for the holidays, so I'm initially attracted to setting up an extensive, all-out light display, complete with a herd of holiday deer, or better yet, an inflatable Santa.

It's late. We've committed ourselves to staying up and working on our assignments. I'm pretty awake thanks to a half-hour nap and shots of coca-cola. We're a little pathetic right now, well, mostly me actually. G. just asked (half jokingly/seriously), "What did I do all day?" Wish I knew...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home