Saturday, February 18, 2006

So far today, I've done everything besides grading exams--even exercise (!!).

I'm home alone tonight. G. went to see the UTEP/Rice basketball game. I could have gone, too, of course, but just didn't feel like it. I haven't "felt" like doing a lot of stuff, from reading to blogging, grading, tidying up, watching movies, emailing, talking on the phone, crossing things off my growing To-Do list. All of this inactivity is making me feel pretty slummy.

G. tried to figure out what's troubling me over breakfast this morning. I can be really difficult and moody and supersensitive, yet G. has figured out how to draw me out without seeming pushy. He can diffuse the grumpy and soothe me. It's one of the reasons why I love him so much. He brings me closer to feeling normal.

In other news, with the purchase of a hair straightening iron, I am officially "high maintenance." Over the years, my make-up collection and cleansing routine has expanded to include multiple steps (ALL of which are absolutely necessary, of course), and we can't forget The Regimen either. I don't know if I like this new designation--more steps means more time, and forget about packing "light" for a trip. There's something fussy about "high maintenance," something that doesn't seem me.

Oh, but who am I really?

3 Comments:

At 1:45 AM , Blogger Maggie said...

Oh Vanessa, your curls! I loved them!

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Joel said...

Grading exams must be a pretty bad experience if you're willing to do voluntary exercise to avoid it!

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Ah, thanks, Maggie. That hair-do should return in the summer.

Eh grading...I've got a stack staring at me...great time for cardio salsa!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home