Wednesday, January 17, 2007

New Semester

The spring semester started yesterday. So far, so good. They looked interested, asked questions, laughed at my jokes, participated in my "So What Do You Remember About American History?" activity (So what do they remember? Each class was different, but the trend was the American Revolution and Columbus. And nobody named any women until I prompted them). After the first lecture, I'll have a better idea of where we stand. Will I like them or despise them?!

Tonight, G. and I visit our friendly dentist-across-the-border. I was already fitted for the crown; tonight, it will be installed (wrong word, but it sounds funny, yes?). G is getting his teeth cleaned for the bargain basement price of $25 (instead of $185). My crown will cost $180, a price I can very easily live with (I cannot live with the regular price of $900). I feel like I know this amazing secret and I'm stickin' it to the (Dental) Man-- ha! actually, I'm no genius for going to Juarez for dental work. Oh, well.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Blogger Mick & Cathy said...

History was something I was never interested in during my school days (many moons ago). But as I've grown older I've certainly developed an appetite for it.
One part of American history I'm interested in is the Civil War.
A few years ago we had a documentry series on television that got me interested. Recently I bought two DVD films "Gods & Generals" and "Gettysburg" that tell the story. They are both around 4 hours long.

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

The Civil War is a topic that has something to interest everybody (politics, social, etc). And its complete devastation is fascinating, too, because it is unreal in a way.

You picked good movies about the Civil War. "Glory" is another good one if you're interested in African American contributions to the war.

 
At 11:26 AM , Blogger Mick & Cathy said...

I've seen "Glory" but don't own a copy. I think it was shown on TV over here, good film.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home