Tuesday, September 26, 2006


So much happening here. Here's the quick version:
  • Allergies slowing me down, along with PMS (oh, the bloating and hormone headaches suck)
  • My mullet-in-training will finally be chopped off this Friday. I can't wait! Sometimes a haircut feels so good. I'm going for supershort, gamine type hair-do. It's a gamble, but I've had my hair that short before and G. loves it. I'll post pics.
  • Something rather traumatic happened to a person I love dearly. Trauma that close has a disturbing effect because it doesn't hit you directly. I'm not really at liberty to discuss it in detail. She is handling it very well, which I'm so relieved to see. Personal challenges can inspire strength--or, worst case scenario, make you fall apart. Jesus Christ, life is hard.
  • I am procrastinating BIG TIME. Have you ever created a mental block against one particular errand, chore, activity, responsibilty, etc? And no matter how much you try to focus, this mental block prevents you from completing that errand until the very last minute? This is exactly my situation concerning a book review for my seminar. I'm in a funky situation with that class--I'm auditing it, so I don't necessarily have to do the work because I won't credit. But in my initial email with the professor asking if I could audit the class, there was an informal agreement that I would do the work. So I want to do the work and plan to do the work--except for this 5-page book review. I even missed class today-- in all honesty, it was 50% due to the book review and 50% due to coming to the aid to somebody in need (see above). The book review is still looming over me. Yep, it's late. I figure I've got until tomorrow night to email the prof with the review. By the way, I would NEVER extend it that long if I was taking the class for credit. Meanwhile, the mental block has me blogging and listening to Sirius radio online.

I guess that's it. Back to staring at the keyboard and willing my fingers to type something coherent out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home