Sunday, June 11, 2006

Vamos al mundial!!!!!

I can't believe I haven't posted about the World Cup. It started on Friday and I am obsessed. Alright, maybe not obsessed--preoccupied? Whatever the case, I followed two games on my laptop Friday while my classes were doing group work, watched all the games I could yesterday and today. I would watch all the games this week if it weren't for pesky work, which is taking way too much of my time.

I encourage anybody to watch a World Cup match, even if you are have only a slight interest in soccer. Strange and wonderful things happen during these matches--weak teams endure attack upon attack without faltering (like Sweden/Trinidad & Tobago on Saturday), strong teams make amazing single plays (Argentina/Ivory Coast). The games are really exciting with expert announcers speaking in Spanish. ABC/ESPN aren't so bad, but you get a lot of World Cup "fun facts."

And Mexico won today! They still have a lot of work ahead of them, still, a win is major. Lavolpe does know what he's doing...

What can I say? I love it! Tomorrow is a big game for the US. They literally MUST win against the Czech Republic (not so easy). Unfortunately, I'll be in class. Tonight, I have to finish writing an exam. Summer school is tiring.

More soon, good luck US team!

1 Comments:

At 6:18 AM , Blogger Joel said...

I've been nervous all morning... I'd be happy with a tie, but you're right- in this group the US might need the win... we'll see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home