Thursday, August 17, 2006

The rain is back. We had a few days of clear, hot weather. Yesterday, storms across the city and Southern New Mexico flooded low-lying neighborhoods again and small towns like Hatch, New Mexico (where the green chiles are grown).

I almost got caught on the freeway during one of the worst episodes. I had a meeting at my campus across town at 10, then visited with my mom for a bit. I managed to get home, unload my car, and take Filo for a quick walk before the rain started pouring in the windows (I had just opened them). Filomena was barking and running around as I ran from room-to-room closing windows and mopping up. As soon as I finished with the bathroom window, I notice that we had a leak in the bedroom right over the dresser. A few of G.'s books got wet, the carpet--it was really coming down in a steady stream.

Rain is still in the forecast for the rest of this week and some of next week. Everybody is definitely over it, although a nice side effect is the cool weather.

3 Comments:

At 6:28 PM , Blogger DeCoMpOsEd said...

I know what you mean...i live in phoenix.. hot as he** so any cool breeze is welcomed

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger Mick & Cathy said...

We had torrential rain today causing flash floods, power cuts & traffic problems.
Its certainly no fun, we had power problems at work and its my job to go out in the bad weather to sort it out.

 
At 7:30 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Weather around the world is getting pretty crazy...global warming!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home