Monday, July 24, 2006

Two more weeks of summer school. Attendance was a little low today. My lecture went well--the Cold War is this week's topic. Planning on showing some clips from Atomic Cafe. It's a documentary that pieces together clips from newreels, TV shows, cartoon, photos from the Cold War-atomic age of the 1950's. Funny, but scary footage. I like to compare the gas masks and Duck and Cover footage to the duct tape, plastic sheeting, and gallons of water craze from right after 9/11. Remember that??

I'm anxious for summer school to end so I can prepare for our big move. We are moving to Westside EP. There are lots of pluses and minuses to the move: we're closer to UTEP, farther from my campus; closer to good restaurants, farther from our families; we lose the washer/dryer, gain another room and more closet space. And there is the actual moving part, like the packing and renting truck and hauling shit around. Never fun, makes me want to do some heavy cleaning and editing of our possessions. Like I don't really need that waffle iron, right?

2 Comments:

At 2:40 PM , Blogger Mick & Cathy said...

Moving home is so stressfull I did it about 6 years ago and wouldn't fancy doing it again.
I'm sure you'll soon settle in your new surroundings and get the home how you want it.

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

I'm in the middle of boxes and tape and blank walls. Does that recall any memories?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home