Monday, August 22, 2005

Mega M&M's: the Cutting Edge of Candy

I woke up early this morning. Correction, I stayed up after Filo woke me up for her breakfast and a pee break. Filo wakes up extremely early in the morning. She wakes us by gingerly making her way up to where our heads are, locating an unexposed ear, nose, or mouth, and then furiously licking those spots. And she's damn insistent--wave after wave of face licking no matter how much you try to push her away or hide under the sheets. It's both cute as all heck and infuriating. Then we remember that she's just a little hungry Filo. You can't deny her food, you monster!

My plan was to wake up and start my morning exercise routine. Ok, it's not really a routine because it has not occurred with any regularity for the past three months. Summer semesters started way too early to exercise, it was way too hot in the afternoon, and evenings were spent preparing for the next day lectures. Those are my extremely valid excuses for not exercising, don't ask any questions.

It's time to restart the program, so this morning I took the first key step of planning my exercise routine by writing out workouts. Now I feel prepared and ready to start tomorrow morning. Yep, fresh starts are key.

I hate this block I have towards exercising. I like the idea of exercising, I like how I feel when I actually am exercising, but (like flossing) I lose the habit way too easily and then have to start from square one. Two root canals cured me of my flossing laziness; does that mean I have to endure some sort of health crisis before committing long term to exercising? Or is my self-perceived lumpiness enough to change my habits?

By the way, Filo may wake up early, but after eating and peeing, she is awake a total of twenty minutes before settling down to fulfilling her nap routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home