Wednesday, April 12, 2006

I'm feeling blah today. Part of my sandal broke. I'm a little bloat-y. I had to stay an extra hour on campus (I don't have an office, either) to meet a student and then he didn't show up. I should be on the sofa, napping and moping. Instead, I'm defending undocumented workers and immigration reform on Asi Es. Jesus, that discussion reminded me why I don't write posts about politics or read political blogs. I can't handle it, man, from living in a Jon Stewart/Daily Show-All Things Considered/NPR haze to reading something I disagree with so much I can't stop thinking about it.

Back to puppy dogs and naps.

3 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Blogger jennifer said...

hey vanessa,

i really appreciated your last comment on joel's blog. i feel the same way about getting into those discussions. but i guess sometimes we just have to do it.

thanks for giving your perspective.

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Joel said...

I too wanted to thank you for your comment... and jenn of course. Things were starting to get ugly and you both showed up and gave calm reasonable responses.

I SO didn't want to have that debate... I had trouble sleeping that night and for the first time ever- I didn't want to open my blog.

thanks for the support.

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks to YOU, Jennifer and Joel. You two brought up great points.

None of us relish the idea of taking on that debate straight on, but it's important to speak up. Maybe next time, the other person will be more receptive.

Remember, si se puede!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home